ELECTRO & RF CAUTERY FOR SKIN TAGS, WARTS, DPNs
Moles, warts, skin tags, are not dangerous or fatal, but they are embarrassing at least and cause low self-esteem which generate feelings of undesirability. Warts are small, harmless tumors most commonly caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV).
Many people refer to a mole as any dark spot or irregularity in the skin. Some people are born with moles. Heredity is also plays a major role in moles. They are usually brown in color and are of various sizes and shapes.
We use Electro Cautery, RF Removal, Laser Therapy; Cryosurgery depending on the condition and the site of the lesion.
The different procedures to remove warts and moles are in our clinic are as follows:
- Laser Therapy: This can be used on either warts or moles but, as the light cannot travel deep into the skin, can only be used on surface growths. This therapy is low on the pain scale but can be high on the cost scale depending on how many treatments it takes. Low risk of scarring is its biggest advantage. For the removal of moles we use an advanced laser mole removal method in which we use a combination of high and low intensity lasers to break up the pigment and erase imperfections allowing you to get an unblemished skin.
- Cryosurgery: This is a wart removal method in which we use liquid nitrogen to “freeze” off the wart. This is often not as expensive as the other medical options and the risks, while present are very low.
- Electro Cautery
- Radio Surgical Wart, Moles, and other skin lesions Removal: Radio surgery is our ideal way of mole removal. The mole removal machine sends out ultra-high frequency radio waves into the skin that stimulate the water inside the cells of the mole. The cells vaporize parting patients with no mole!! The mole can simply be sent away to be checked for any detrimental cells or cancer of any type. Most mole removal measures only need one visit and on average take just 15-20 minutes. Scarring is almost absent, the mole heals over in a few days leaving little trace that the lesion was ever there.
EAR LOBE REPAIR
With heavy earrings and expander jewellery being fashionable at the moment, stretched, torn or split earlobes are a common problem affecting men and women. The good news is that, in most cases, repairing your earlobe is a relatively straightforward, uncomplicated and effective procedure. It can be carried out under local anaesthetic and involves few risks and complications.
We perform a significant number of earlobe repairs at the Sapphire skin Clinic, so we are very familiar with this type of injury and will use our experience to give you the best possible medical and aesthetic outcome.
Skin biopsy is a biopsy technique in which a skin lesion is removed to be sent to a pathologist to render a microscopic diagnosis. It is usually done under local anesthetic in a physician's office, and results are often available in 4 to 10 days. It is commonly performed by dermatologists.
Skin biopsies are performed to help with the diagnosis of your skin condition. Sometimes, different skin conditions can look similar to the naked eye so additional information is required. This is obtained by looking at the structure of the skin under the microscope after the cells have been stained with special coloured dyes.
There are two situations in which this usually occurs:
- To distinguish between different types of rashes or skin lesions. Our dermatologist will be considering a number of possible diagnoses, and the skin biopsy provides additional information in this process.
- The dermatologist suspects you have a skin cancer . A biopsy is taken to confirm that the skin cancer is present. The biopsy may also give information on the type of skin cancer, which may determine the best treatment.
Vitiligo is a skin pigment disorder in which a person develops lighter-than-normal patches on their skin. These non-pigmented blotches may appear as small spots, or as large patches on one or various parts of the body.It is a chronic skin disorder that causes areas of skin to lose colour. It presents as depigmented (white) patches. Exposed body sites, such as the face, elbows, knees, hands and feet, are often involved, resulting in significant cosmetic concerns. Vitiligo is usually treated with creams and tablets, or by phototherapy.
CYST @ CORN EXCISION
Cysts are soft tissue masses that can be fluid-filled or solid in nature. Most of the time, cysts are benign but cause pain because they are taking up space in the foot or rubbing on the inside of shoes. The most common cysts found in the foot and ankles are ganglion cysts, mucous (synovial cysts), lipomas (fat), and giant cell cysts. These cysts may be easily removed with surgery. After removal, the mass is sent to the pathology lab to determine the type of mass and if any malignant cells are present. If you have what you believe is a cyst or a growth on your foot/ankle, it should be evaluated by a foot and ankle specialist.
Nail surgery is the removal of all of the toenail or part of the nail. A local anaesthetic is used so that you will feel no pain during the procedure. After the removal of the nail, a chemical may be applied to the exposed nail bed to prevent re-growth by destroying the nail cells. (However, it is possible that some nail re-growth may occur). Healing takes between four to eight weeks.